The Tab Bar interface is helpful in situation where you want to provide different perspective on the same set of data or in situation, where you want to or in situation where we want to provides your application long functional lines. The key component of a tab bar interface is the present of tab bar view along the bottom of the screen. This view is used to initiate the navigation bar b/w your appilaction different modes and can also provide the information about the state of each mode
The manager for a tab bar interfaces is a tab bar controller objects. The tab bar controller create and manage the tab bar view and also manage the view controller that provided the content view for each mode. Every contents of view controller is design as the view controller for one of the tabs in the tab bar view. When a tab is pressed by the user, the tab bar controller object select the tab and display the view associat with correspond content view controller .
Tab bar controller has its own container view, which encompass all of the other views, including the tab bar view. The custom is provided by the view controller of the selected tab.
Open a xcode and create a new project. Use the Single View Application as starting point :-
1. Create Single View Application and Click on the Next button
2. Give the Product name and click on the next button
3. After that click on the create button
After Xcode has created the project
· The new project consist of two classes AppDelegate , ViewController and main.storyboard file.
· Click Main.Storyboard in the project navigator to open it in the Interface Builder editor.
· Select the ViewController and goto Editor click on the editor
· Then goto the Embed in And Seclect the tab bar Controller
· The you will see that in your project embedded a tab bar controller like this
· In your project of the Main.Storyboard file you will see that add a new tabbar controller and your main .Storyboard file look like this your project inter face builder
if you want embedded more ViewController with this tab bar controller then you select the ViewController from the object library and Drag the ViewController in the interface builder
· Now you see that in your project have two ViewController in the Main.StoryBoard
· If you want join second ViewController with the tab bar controller then do this Control + Drag on the secondViewController then you see a pop view like this
Then you select the view controller from this view
Now then you see after complete this job in your project a tab bar controller connect with your secondViewController.
· Now you can run your project but how to decide that , which View controller is first view Controller and which Second View Controller
· Now you drag uilabel drag from the object library set in the first and second View Controller
· You can write on this label as like for First View Controller “ This is my fist View Controller” and same as for second View Controller name “This is my second View Controller”.
· And set label color White And you want change the view controller background color
· then select the view Controller
· and go to attribute inspector select Backgroung color
· set the background color
· Now, run your project
Now click on the simulator second item you see the second view Controller .